Best orthopedic doctor in Bangalore
Dr Sharath.K.R is one of the best orthopedic doctor in Bangalore, obtained his MBBS degree from ‘Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli’ in 2003. Upon graduation, he joined ‘Pt Jawaharlal Memorial Medical College Raipur, Chhattisgarh’ for MS orthopaedics through the All India Entrance Examination. During his post-graduation he was involved in management of complex fractures, open injuries and gun-shot wounds. As a post-graduate trainee, he presented three scientific papers and posters, one international and the other two in national and state orthopaedics fora. He bagged the best outgoing student award from his university. He then secured his DNB degree in orthopaedics from the prestigious National Board.
Dr Sharath.K.R subsequently got selected for Fellowship in Arthroplasty from ‘Apollo Hospitals Chennai’ . He had the opportunity to learn complex joint replacement surgeries and computer navigated knee replacement surgeries. He also worked on ligament reconstruction of knee via arthroscopy in ‘Baby Memorial Hospital,Calicut’. Sharath.K.R further went on to work in Italy as a Fellow in advanced Arthroplasty. He was working in ‘Istituto Orthopaedico Rizzoli Bologna’, ‘ Villa Erbosa Hospital’ and ‘Casa Di Cura Ravenna’ . He was guided by Dr Giovanni Pignatti in revision hip surgeries , by Dr Roberto Binazzi in Hip and knee surgeries particularly Dysplastic Hip surgeries and by Dr Massimo De Zerbi in Knee and Shoulder Replacement Surgeries .
He also attended travelling Fellowship from University Hospital Innsbruck to learn Hip Replacement surgery using Anterior approach. He visited Prince Charles hospital and Holy spirit Northside Hospital,Brisbane to learn Computer assisted Knee replacement surgery.
To his credit he has various publications in Hip and Knee replacement surgeries and has been presenting scientific papers in various regional and national conferences . He has often invited to deliver scientific guest lectures in various regional and national conferences .
He performs approximately 300 joint Replacement surgeries in an year. He is able to handle simple to most complex variety of Joint replacement surgeries . He has travelled extensively to middle east countries and African countries to perform Knee and hip replacement surgeries. Dr Sharath K R is currently working as Consultant Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- M.B.B.S from KIMS, Hubli.
- Master in Orthopedics (MS), Pt Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial medical College, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
- DNB Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate Of National Board
- Fellowship in knee Injuries and Sports medicine, BMH, Calicut.
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery, Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship in arthroplasty, Istituto Orthopaedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy.
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery, Univ Hospital Innsbruck, Austria.
- Computer assisted knee replacement Surgery, Prince Charles hospital and Holyspirit Northside Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Joint replacement surgeon in M S RAMAIAH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL.
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedics, M S RAMAIAH MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL.
- Experience in handling all types of knee, hip and shoulder joint Replacement Surgeries.
- Experience of more than 1000 Joint Replacement Surgeries (Assisted, observed and performed).
- All spectrum of fracture surgeries (simple to most complex fractures)
- General orthopaedic conditions and sports related injuries.