About Dr Sharath K R
Dr Sharath.K.R is one of the best orthopaedic doctor in Bangalore, obtained his MBBS degree from “Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli in 2003“. Upon graduation, he joined “Pt Jawaharlal Memorial Medical College Raipur, Chhattisgarh” for MS orthopaedics through the All India Entrance Examination. During his post-graduation, he was involved in the management of complex fractures, open injuries and gun-shot wounds. As a post-graduate trainee, he presented three scientific papers and posters, one international and the other two in national and state orthopaedics fora. He bagged the best outgoing student award from his university. He then secured his DNB degree in orthopaedics from the prestigious National Board.
Dr Sharath K R, MS DNB, Post-doctoral fellowship in arthroplasty (IOR, Italy) has a professional experience of more than 12 years. He has distinguished as a well-known joint replacement surgeon, sports knee surgeon, teacher and academician. Besides his fellowship in Italy’s, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, he has visited Univ hospital Innsbruck, Holy spirit northside hospital, Brisbane for advanced training in knee surgeries and computer navigated surgeries. He has performed a large number of research studies in hip replacement surgery and knee replacement as well. He has been actively involved in conducting arthroplasty cadaver courses in advanced learning centres. He has successfully conducted eleven courses in the last five years and helped more than 250 young surgeons learn and perform knee and hip arthroplasty through his courses which gives unique hands-on experience on a cadaver. He is a distinguished member of various Orthopaedic associations. He has to his credit 17 scientific articles majority of them are in indexed national and international journals. He is an extremely dynamic and highly active person. Besides his clinical responsibilities, he renders various capacities such as in-charge of the library, in-charge of publications. He has been invited to various national conferences to deliver his expertise in knee and hip surgery. He was invited by Mongolian orthopaedic group and Orthopaedic surgeons of south Iraq to perform knee replacement surgery for their young surgeons’ training. He is in-charge and convenor of fellowship programme of six months in arthroplasty under the aegis of “Ramaiah – J&J Arthroplasty fellowship”.
Post Graduate training / Experience
- Fellowship in Knee Arthroscopy , Baby Memorial Hospital ,Calicut under Dr Schiller Jos . Jan 2012.
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Apollo Hospitals Chennai under Dr Suryanarayan and Dr Vijay Bose from February 2012.
- Post Doctoral studies in Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Replacement surgeries. IOR, Italy .September 2013.
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery, Univ Hospital Innsbruck, Austria.Nov 2015
- Computer Assisted knee Replacement Surgery, Prince Charles hospital and Holy spirit North-side Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia in Nov 2015.
Memberships and awards.
- Awarded Oman medical specialty board certification as specialist orthopaedics in 2016.
- Best paper award in BOS annual conference of BOS, 2016 for “Valgus Knee lateral release technique”
- Recognized and invited as the best presentation for “Posterior column acetabulum fractures” Instruction course lectures in orthopaedics by Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, March 2018 in Adicunchanagiri
- Invited to perform Live Surgery in Andhra Pradesh Ortho Conference February 2018.
- Recognition and invited on army veterans day annual meeting; Air force veterans office; delivered talk on Knee pain in elderly and its management;
Memberships of Professional Associations
- Life Member Karnataka orthopedic association KOA
- Life Member Indian orthopedic AssociationIOA
- Life Member Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Life Member Bangalore orthopedic society.
- Life Indian society of hip and knee surgeons (ISHKS).
- Member APKASS Asia pacific knee and sports surgery.
- ISAKOS, International society of knees surgery, arthroscopy and orthopedic sports medicine.
- “Fracture management with Ilizarov methodology “ Gulbarga, organized by Karnataka orthopaedic association, oct 2009.
- Treatment of stiff knee with Judet Quadricepsplasty surgical Techniques –Trauma interaction meeting, Dec 2012 Century Club , Bangalore.
- DVT prevention after knee replacement- experience with Xarelto.Feb 2013 Bangalore.
- Evolution of knee prosthesis and applied biomechamics. Orthopaeadics pg teaching , July 2013, Bangalore.
- Knee pain evaluation and awareness among public, Abbott,Jan 2014 Bangalore
- Recent advances in Knee replacement and computer assisted knee surgeries. IOA Pg teaching programme March 2014.Bangalore.
- DVT prophylaxis protocol in Total Joint Replacement . Sherraton Bangalore, Bristol-Meyers-Squib, 25 th April 2014.
- M S Ramaiah experience in Total Hip Replacement in Ankylosed hips – July 17 , Symposium On Hip Replacement . Advanced learning Centre, MSR Campus, Bangalore.
- Treatment of Osteoarthritis of knee, IOA –Ortho Excellence Programme , Atria , 10 th May , Bangalore.
- Case presentation of Complex Hips, Zimmer hip Interaction Meeting, 25 th May , MY Fortune , Bangalore.
- Invited guest faculty for TN State conference , TNOACON-2016 Feb, – ‘Periprosthetic fracture in THR’ in Ooty. TN .
- IASSIST TKR- early Experience of portable navigation – Invited faculty for Guntur Arthroplasty course , May 2016.
- Moderator for arthroplasty meeting – CONTAS , Bangalore .
- Cementing in TKR Video presentation , KOACON Hubli , March 2017.
- THR in Dysplastic Hips – Annual conference BOSCON 2017 , Virajpet.
- Popliteus sparing lateral Release and TKR in Fixed Valgus Knee – Bangalore Orth Society meeting
- Current Concepts in Pelvis trauma , AAOS -Synthes Trauma . 27 may , Mangalore .
- Varus knee TKR balancing – Kerala Orthopedic society , Thrissur .June 3 .
- Posterior column and wall acetabular fracture fixation methods ; KOA -Instruction course lectures ,Adichunchanagiri . 22 september , 2018.
- Joint line restoration in Revision TKR ; Q1 arthroplasty course ,Vizag. November 2018.
- Primary THR session Moderator ; IOACON , Coimbatore.
- Case presentation of revision hip replacement surgery; Ranawat orthopedic association conference. New Delhi .Jan 2019
- Alignment in TKR , Bangalore orthopedic society annual meeting . KIMS . Bangalore .
- THR in Complex Hips- Hip Arthroplasty workshop , KOACON ,bangalore .Feb 2019 .
- Case presentation of complex knee . Indian society of hip and knee surgeons ISHKS , April 2009 . Bangalore .
- THR in Dysplastic Hips ; Bangalore orthopedic society meeting ,July 2019
- Knee replacement for valgus deformity ; Akash Medical college.
- Patellar dislocation in TKR , Indian arthroplasty association .IAA Sep 2019.
- Attended complex knee arthroscopy cadaver training ; National University hospital , Singapore .
- Arthrex technology symposium . Dubai . Nov 2019.
- Guest speaker in Coimbatore orthopedics association, 21 dec 2019. delivered two talks, a) Advanced learning centre merits and challenges . b) Lateral release techniques in valgus knee